27 March 2014 | The Ritz-Carlton Moscow
|9:00 – 9:30
|9:30 – 11:00
Development of the Russian financial market and global economic challenges
Alexei Kudrin Member of the Presidium of the Economic Council under the President of Russia
Alexander Afanasiev CEO, Moscow Exchange
Elvira Nabiullina Governor, Central Bank of Russia
Alexei Ulyukaev Minister of Economic Development, Russian Federation
Anton Siluanov Minister of Finance, Russian Federation
- Global economic trends and reform of international financial architecture. Russia"s integration into the global financial system: new opportunities and new risks.
- Conditions for sustainable economic growth in Russia.
- Approaches to bringing Russian business back onshore: improvement of the investment climate vs. restrictive measures.
- The new corporate governance code and protection of investor rights.
|11:00 – 11:30
|11:30 – 13:30
- Capital Raising by Russian Companies: Domestic and Global Perspective
Kirill Dmitriev CEO, Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF)
- International capital market trends
- Openness vs. protectionism: plusses and minuses for emerging markets
- Listing in Russia or abroad: the issuer's choice
- How investors value companies and country discount factors
- Quality corporate governance and business growth rates as key factors in attracting investors
- Which key defensive features do investors seek in a company in times of considerable market uncertainty?
- Fostering local demand: tax stimuli and deploying assets from pension funds, insurance companies, and direct investment funds.
- How to present the country"s economy competitive advantages.
- New Challenges of Financial Market Regulation
Alexander Afanasiev CEO, Moscow Exchange
- Promoting domestic investment demand: the role of the government and of market participants
- Reforming Russia's collective investment market
- New approaches to licensing and introduction of prudential regulation of the brokers activity
- How to diminish competitive inequality between market participants
- Increasing OTC transparency; approaches to its regulation
- Grey zones in financial market regulation: forex and microfinance organisations
- Reform of corporate action procedures
|13:30 – 14:30
|14:30 – 16:30
- Equity and Bond Market: growth opportunities for 2014
Yuri Mintsev, Managing Director, Otkritie Brokerage House
- Risk management in times of market uncertainty: approach of the exchange and central counterparty, and of market participants
- Will declining market indicators and rising volatility attract investors?
- Domestic corporate and sovereign bond market
- Securities market regulation in 2014
- New instruments and systems required by the market
- How will Russian asset liquidity develop over the coming years?
- Stimulating local investment demand. Investment accounts and tax benefits
- Derivatives Market key development areas
Roman Sarychev Head of Derivatives, Renaissance Capital
- Equity options as a key development area for the exchange"s derivatives market
- Cooperation between Moscow Exchange and Deutsche Boerse in developing derivatives trading
- Fixed income futures: advantages for debt market participants
- New stage in development of ОТС derivative (FLEX Options)clearing
- FX and Money Market: initiatives for the future
Mikhail Soloviev Deputy Chairman, Morgan Stanley Bank
- FX Market in 2013-14: dynamics and trends
- High frequency trading — positive or negative?
- New FZ market instruments: CNY as potential leader
- Developments in liquidity management and money market instruments: central counterparty and collateral management
- Money market indicators: what do participants use?
- The influence of infrastructure modernisation on the primary market: key takeaways, expectations, challenges/ Streamlining corporate action mechanisms: an important step towards improving corporate governance.
The influence of infrastructure modernisation on the primary market: key takeways, expectations, challenges
Tim Talkington Managing Director, Head of Securities – Russia/CIS, Goldman Sachs
- The positive influence of exchange infrastructure modernisation on the primary market
- The effects of Euroclear and Clearstream access to bond market
- Euroclear and Clearstream access to bond market: expectations, plans, development points
Streamlining corporate action mechanisms: an important step towards improving corporate governance
Nadezhda Ushakova Senior VP, Head of Custody Operations, VTB
- Legislative and technical innovations in corporate actions and governance
- International experience and foreign investor expectations regarding corporate actions and governance
- Changes in dividend payments
- Developing the Corporate Information Centre (CIC) based on the National Settlement Depositary
|16:30 – 17:30
Agenda Forum 2014 (pdf, 270Kb)